The biggest mistake everyone makes while starting the Ciudad Perdida trekking is bringing too much weight: stuff you don’t need, extra clothes, extra shoes or even shampoo. Let me tell you what to bring and why you don’t need all these stuff during the hike.
The weight will break you
Let me tell you why you really don’t need extra stuff. First of all, the weight will break you. Literally. I had other people in my group who brought big bags with too much stuff, ‘just in case’, and they had back problems and more. My bag was so little and I only brought the stuff I needed and I was totally fine.
You don’t need shampoo and more. You will probably sweat everyday within half an hour. Even little bottles of shampoo and conditioner are too much. Just bring a little handsoap instead of a bottle of shower gel.
Here’s what you need, including the clothes that you’re wearing on the first day:
- 4 shirts for all days
- 4 pairs of socks for all days
- 1 pyjama trousers (I recommend a long one)
- 4x underwear for all days
- A bikini or swimming trunk
- 1 short (two is definitely not necessary)
- 1 thin sweater or maybe a jacket (rain jacket is not needed: when it rains, it will rain so hard that you will be wet anyway). It’s not that cold at night so don’t bring a huge sweater.
- Bath stuff: toothpaste, toothbrush and some handsoap
- Mosquito repellent
- A small bottle of water (you can buy this everywhere on the road)
- Extra laces just in case
- Good walking shoes and flipflops
- Enough cash money to buy some drinks on the way
- Your passport and the prove of your yellow fever vaccination
- A fast dry towel
- Powerbank, the only thing you have to bring in the category ‘just in case’
- Some medical stuff, like plasters and paracetamol
Follow these tips and you will be totally fine! Still doubting if you want to do the Ciudad Perdida trekking? Just read these 5 reasons and put this amazing trekking on your bucketlist. You won’t regret it!This entry was posted in Health & Wellness, Hikes & Exploring, History